View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 01:39 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The p99 Rivervale music has never sounded like either of these for me. It's always overlapped with itself or something, like the file is corrupted. Very disappointing.

About Erud's Crossing - the Kerran drums and pipe instruments deserve their own section, but the main part of the melody is better right now. It's so soothing. That plus a short wind pipe note added in every 30 seconds or so would be my ideal.
I'm not actually changing anything about the music files or composing music here. Just supplying the missing information the client needed to interpret the midis. Basically the rivervale music was playing without tuba or trombone because the default soundfont expected a sound card to supply those.

For the combat music, more than half the instruments were missing, for the same reason, etc. (including drums, bassoon, harp, timpani, acoustic bass, flute, others)

Of course at the time there was more than one brand of sound card on the market, so there will be slight differences in how things sounded on different clients, but the most readily available soundfont ripped from a soundcard is the soundblaster AWE32.

And everything sounds better than the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth which comes default with windows now.
Last edited by Uthgaard; 11-25-2022 at 01:42 AM..