View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 06:06 PM
Banned

Drama on a popular server is inevitable. This isn't the first time or the last time for PQ will have a saga of drama. My humble suggestion to PQ's dev team is that path forward is remaining resolute, continue to innovate, prioritizing health/wellness, and steadfast transparency. Lastly though pick your battles and this one doesn't need further explanation.

We're seeing in real time why devs often times will evolve to create a layered org where they no long have to deal directly with the player base unless they choose to.

For instance, Ooloo if you haven't played on PQ then you might be bringing p99 philosophy expectations to that server and culturally that would be a mistake if you wanted to wield p99 philosophy within a PQ situation. PQ philosophy has been different from the get go and has included ways to have a smaller CSR team. PQ's CSR team evolving to deal with internal issues is a good thing from a player standpoint.

My assessment of Ooloo's critique is that it is kind of wildly all over the place and slightly / overtly personal while claiming it isn't personal. If you had constructive criticism that'd be one thing, but I suggest you re-read what you wrote. Then imagine you were in charge of an Everquest project serving thousands of players simultaneously. What would you think of what you wrote if you knew it was from someone who claimed they didn't play on the server that was being discussed. If PQ hadn't grabbed your attention already then trying to please a player like that would not be best use of a dev's time.

I have said in the past I think Project Quarm has had some bumps and perhaps this is another minor one. It appears the lesson on this one was learned fast and PQ's dev team responded appropriately. I doubt it'll impact PQ's long term success.