Thread: And there I was
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Waking in my bed around 3:00am like always. I go downstairs, turn the light on in the kitchen and the TV in the living room to ease the mind. A nightly routine. Something feels different though, something feels unsettling. The light in the kitchen does not turn on, is the power out? I steadily walk to the lamp near the couch I lay on after coming downstairs nightly, but it does not turn on. I know exactly what is happening. I struggle to wake myself up. This was different from the countless times before. Everything was much more clear, no foggy borders. Upon waking up, a little shaken I walk downstairs again for my nightly routine. The kitchen light does not turn on again. I walk over the the couch lamp. Nothing. Here we go again. I pull myself out, I thought this time, this time is reality. I brush my feet along the carpet as I leave my room. It feels too real. This is reality, I'm certain. I walk downstairs, skipping the kitchen light and on a direct path to the couch lamp. Click... Click... Click... Nothing. The unsettling feeling overcomes me, I look at the U-shaped stairs. Nothing. I stare for an unknown reason knowing it's a bad idea. I see it. Bobbing walking down the stairs slowly never breaking eye contact. This isn't fear, its pure terror. It shouldn't be though. This is nothing new. No matter how many times I see, the feeling is always the same. It's the eyes. Those eyes... Seconds go by as it comes closer. I wake up buzzing and vibrating stronger than normal.