View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 02:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
couldnt a torp shaman solo a bunch of stuff in keal and sell armor MQ's? idk because I havent tried but Id imagine you could do the arena area no?
As others have mentioned, their regen is too high to be possible. To demonstrate the point, a duo 60 monk (epic + SoM) and 60 sham (+ pet) combined dps is enough to kill a Veteran but so much of that dps is negated by regen that the fight takes 15 minutes. If you add another monk or a rogue the fight drops to like 4 minutes.

I doubt there's a shaman on the server who can dish out enough dps to drop a veteran. Possibly a lesser giant but it will be a long ass fight and those only very rarely drop armor. Mobs are resistant and you'd have to be able to deal with adds. Cleric mobs? Not a chance. Runners? With their hp and regen you'd have a hard time dropping even a lesser giant before it made it to a buddy.

On top of that, there's no practical way to break in solo.

Kael arena is doable duo, but for all of the above reasons I frankly prefer a trio or 4-man run. With 1 extra dps toon you can kill 3x faster (due to mob regen). Unlike most of EQ, the gains at the individual level (not group) are actually better with 3 even though you can duo the content.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2