Thread: Targeting
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

You can tab target the closest npc (no cycling). As a chanter I will usually move around the camp a bit to target various mobs using tab (the alternative is clicking with the mouse --- or pretargeting before a big pull). I really don't like relying on left clicking the mouse to get a target, you can get pretty good at it...but it almost always seems to screw me if I rely on it too much).

You can swap between your current target and previous target (i forget what this is set to as default on key map).

You can f-target yourself and group mates (f1 = you, f2 = first player in grp list).

You can target your current target's target (/assist). This is probably the most important macro to setup after your typical /assist key. I use it a ton, especially in the restricted UI of vanilla. (so I use two assist keys...one is the typical /assist bobo (if your tank is named bobo)...and the other is just /assist. On a typical incoming I assist the tank to see what he is hitting then hit the second assist key (just /assist) to see what the mob the tank is targetting is targetting (which will hopefully be the tank --- and its really important to know if it isn't). I use this setup mostly on my healer.
Last edited by fastboy21; 10-20-2019 at 12:09 PM..