View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnasP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Epic also fucks games out of being on steam, which is pretty fucking gay.
Lookin at you Darkest Dungeon 2
The negative / positive here is debatable as Steam also has no true competition and that could contribute to why Valve hasn't made anything new for far too long (aside from heavy innovation like VR), I just have all of the platforms/consoles so I can get the best of all worlds.. Their little war of BS isn't mine and I can't change it but that said, Epic contributes so much to these companies that it is their choice, not really Epic's enforcement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
vouch
Steam has been pretty neutral and straight forward with their service.
Epic comes in and screws gamers by doing exclusives.
Steam takes a pretty decent cut. Epic doesn't take a cut until you reach $1,000,000, then they start to take royalties. But ya, this is where I feign to capitalism as competition is only a good thing IMO.

But ya, Epic's fight with Apple is also worth mentioning here as it kinda contributes to these factors of apparently Epic screwing people, they all do this but only in a way of trying to get you to use their service.. Steam screws people too with their open market system with Counter-Strike etc. All the factors here are pretty substantial. Theres even Microsoft with its Cross-Platform bs, yet they don't do cross-play for the games anyone wants, yet it could.. My Steam collection is around 1000.. Doesn't mean I will be Steams fanboi, I also have a ton of free games from Origin because I didn't pick a side like a lot of people do.
Last edited by Shawk; 06-10-2021 at 04:19 PM..