View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 08:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try a VPN. Most have free trials (and they're only $5-$10/month), and many people have reported fixing network-related problems with them.
I'd like to avoid adding additional cost to my monthly bills especially since this is the first time I've had any connection issues like this since I started playing here a few years ago.

I've tried the following additional troubleshooting steps:
  • Install and run game from a different type of hard drive within the same computer
  • Verify that PC is running at stock speed and verify stability using prime95
  • Run game from a different PC within the same house
  • Run packet captures at my PC and my router (pfsense) to verify traffic is moving
  • Rolling my router (pfsense) back to factory defaults
  • Fresh reinstall of pfsense (2.4.4-RELEASE-p3)

With regards to the packet captures, I can see traffic moving between PC and router and router and 2 IP's (144.121.19.170 and 144.121.19.169). The router is adding states to the state tables for both meaning the traffic is passing through. I'm assuming these are the right IP's for P99 because .169 shows up in the dbg.log file that's created when I'm dumped back to login. My problem right now is that I don't know what a good set of packets and responses is supposed to look like.

My internet speed was downgraded while I was gone (from 15/1 to 3/768kb) but this should still be far greater than the connections the game was designed around.
Last edited by Cardnyl; 07-07-2019 at 08:24 AM..