View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 02:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? You (and the other members of Divinity) would be perfectly happy joining a guild where you/they just help others and never get any loot for yourself? I call BS.

Again, as I said, people in guilds absolutely do help each other out of the goodness of their hearts. I'm not saying everyone in every guild does everything out of a "drive for DPS".

But for the vast vast majority of players, if you're in a guild where everyone else gets loot and you never do, you leave. The only exception is if you're so tired of the game and jaded that loot doesn't even matter to you anymore, and in my experience at that point you'll typically leave the guild/game soon anyways. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

DKP is just how you ensure everyone gets loot from time to time, in a fair way. Or at least one way; arguably loot councils or other methods could do the same (in practice I think DKP is almost always more fair).
That's not what he was saying. No one in Divinity had a "me before them" attitude. Loot was never a priority for people. You got loot sure, you have to in order to progress. But no one went in with a "I better get that item" mentality either. The vast majority of people didn't care who got what.

I mean, I get exactly what you're saying. And that is the usual standard with guilds in MMOs in general. Divinity just had a different feel to how people interacted with each other in terms of loot. It's hard to explain, especially being with them since basically day one the mentality grew natural to me.

It sounds odd on the outside, but trust me.

edit: DKP almost always works out more fairly agreed. This was just a rare group of people that DKP was never really needed. I mean, Divinity did try it once back in late 2009 early 2010... it was almost unanimously deemed pointless. But for most situations, DKP is the way to go yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Last edited by Auvdar; 07-21-2019 at 02:26 AM..