View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 12:00 PM
Fire Giant

Default How Is P99 Doing?

Hey sports fans.

I used to knock around the blue server from 2010-2016-ish. At the time I exited, the community was at a peak of pique it seemed. The forum was awash with dramas that were years-old at a time and it seemed no two people could be calm with each other.

It was at that time that I told myself, "Good grief... EVERYone here has a mental illness or emotional problem... including ME... time to go!"

For some reason, I decided to look at the forums today and it seems like a different place. I am seeing a bit of the old whines and gripes, but it seems like folks can talk to each other instead of at each other. That's fantastic.

So. How is P99 doing?

I see the concept of green has come to be (Congrats team. Genuinely happy for you). And if I read the context right, there has been more than one green rule server? A teal that was merged with the current green?

Wow. That is success.

What is it like in game right now? On blue? Forums are generally louder and more ridiculous that the companion game, so it may be damned calm inside Norrath?

I have no idea what green is like. Maybe it's like P99 was in 2010 when I started. The community was really fun then. Everyone was still so excited to be reliving their favorite era of their favorite game.

After p99 I spent some time on Live EQ on Phineas to experience what had happened to that game since I left it in 2005.

After sating my appetite for Live on Phinny, I spent an expansion in WoW and boy was that a mistake. There was some fun sure, but ultimately, the current version of that game is less satisfying than masturbating... sure you get off... but you're alone... (How does that HAPPEN in a MASSively MULTIplayer game?)

I thought of hanging around Norrath some more. Maybe it's time Lagaidh was reborn (fresh DWF PAL).

The initial gist that I sense is that P99 is calmer and friendlier than it has been in half a decade. I don't wanna invest in 1-50 or more on a paladin with zero starting contacts if the server still offers adult children in the ratio that it used to do. That's what made me think those years ago, "Man everyone's mentally ill". Adults acting like absolute spoiled kids to strangers.

What are your opinions? Be honest as there's zilch to lose:
  1. Are strangers getting along by and large?
  2. Have the wars between poopsock guilds ended?
  3. Does anybody need another paladin around? I know that class best.

What's it like these days?