View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

I'm an animal rights activist. I'm familiar with the group who performed this demonstration and interact with their members on a weekly basis. I know the members of this forum are smart people who realize that eating animal parts and secretions is terribly detrimental to our personal health and that animal agriculture is destroying the planet. I mean, you're all well-educated woke folks, so I don't need to explain all this in detail.

That said, I'd like to take this opportunity to ask you all a quick question. I don't personally involve myself in these supermarket funerals because I'm not sure about the efficacy of these sort of demonstrations. I see a couple "lol's" and "wtf's" and frankly that's sort of what I expect. But I wonder, what sort of demonstration do you believe would be helpful in getting you to abandon the comfort of your cognitive dissonance to start making better choices based on facts and logic, rather than defaulting to the social programming with which you've been raised?