View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Classic World of Warcraft has been pretty fun. I'd say that I would rank it up there with classic EQ.

I didn't play WOW back in the day, so there is no nostalgia for me, but I can see why so many people left EQ for wow. Not everyone has time to stare at a wall for hours waiting for a dragon to pop. I get that for some, fielding a force powerful enough to down a raid boss before the competition can is thrilling. But for most people, that level of autism is unreasonable when you have real life to tend to.

One thing classic EQ is really good at is making the player slow down. As part of slowing down, conversations become more prevalent. Some of my fondest memories come from pick up groups in upper and lower guk. The confusing zones and dangerous mobs prevent you from just running through things. People chat about all kinds of things, and it did feel like 6 years ago on blue, everyone was a lot more awe struck my the majesty of p99s recreation of classic eq. I made great friends with Drazok and Diacetyl, both of which I haven't talked with in years - I think about our fun times every so often. That same style of grouping is nearly non existent in wow.