View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 09:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Frontal stun doesn't stop interrupts. It stops Stuns.
This is a bit of misunderstanding of the mechanics. There are two components to bash when it comes to spell interruption. The first component is the stun itself. The stun automatically stops any spell from casting, and prevents you from doing additional actions until the stun is over. This is why a bash will ALWAYS interrupt a non-ogre's spells. The spell never gets to finish casting. It is not actually being "interrupted", from a channeling perspective.

The second component is the spell interruption component. The second component does NOT trigger 100% of the time. This is why Frontal Stun Immunity is good. Not only are you able to finish casting the current spell, due to the Stun not triggering, but you have a chance to have your spell successfully finish casting without being interrupted. I have seen this firsthand on my Ogre. I am able to finish casting a spell even though I was bashed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofbaal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forgive me since I am not big game shaman, but does tupor act as a CH at level 60? not sure how many HP shaman are rolling with these days.
Torpor Heals 300 HP per tick, for 4-5 ticks. This is depending on the server tick, when the spell was cast. This means you are gaining 1200-1500 HP, while spending 200 mana. This means each Torpor will net you 400-550 mana, after you factor in the casting cost. So the math is simple: You are gaining 400-550 mana per 24-30 seconds. If you have an HP pool of 3000, and a mana pool of 3000, you will get back to full mana in roughly 4 minutes. It will take you another minute to get back your HP. So at WORST, you will be back at 100% mana and 100% HP in 5 minutes.

This is why extra Troll regeneration isn't that great. 8 additional HP regeneration equals 4800 HP per hour, or FOUR free Torpors. This means Trolls save a whopping two minutes on Torpors per hour. Not very useful overall. Torpor will always be able to quickly restore your HP and Mana bar.