View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 09:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Torpor Heals 300 HP per tick, for 4-5 ticks. This is depending on the server tick, when the spell was cast. This means you are gaining 1200-1500 HP, while spending 200 mana. This means each Torpor will net you 400-550 mana, after you factor in the casting cost. So the math is simple: You are gaining 400-550 mana per 24-30 seconds. If you have an HP pool of 3000, and a mana pool of 3000, you will get back to full mana in roughly 4 minutes. It will take you another minute to get back your HP. So at WORST, you will be back at 100% mana and 100% HP in 5 minutes.

This is why extra Troll regeneration isn't that great. 8 additional HP regeneration equals 4800 HP per hour, or FOUR free Torpors. This means Trolls save a whopping two minutes on Torpors per hour. Not very useful overall. Torpor will always be able to quickly restore your HP and Mana bar.
A couple things to add. First, no one mentions how tedious all this is. Like, yes you can Torpor/Cann back from 0 mana to full in a few minutes ... but that's a few minutes of pressing Cann and your insta-click refresher over, and over, and over again (with intermittent Torpor casts). As powerful as it is, don't think it's glamorous (my kingdom for Cann V [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

And second, one other thing about "Trolls save a whopping two minutes on Torpors per hour". Look, if you told me I could save two minutes an hour while XPing I'd be tripping over myself to buy whatever you're selling. But at 60 you don't grind, you farm, and whether that's in a group or solo it's not about optimum efficiency, it's just about having enough to get the job done.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.