View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentVolaju [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, Shaman and Warrior sound pretty amazing lol. Im wondering though, whats the xp diff between grouping with a full group of people in an instances or somethin, compared to duoing with another player? Ive always assumed that being in a full group in an instance grinding would be the fastest way to level, thats why I figured Cleric. Cause I was assumeing I will always be wanted in groups, and I could easily start my own group with my warrior friend.

But if leveling duo is just as fast / or faster, then Shaman starts to sound a little more appealing.
First there are no instances. There are dungeons, but they aren't instanced.

How fast a shaman/warrior duo levels compared to a few group has a few factors:

In particular, it will make a huge difference in the duo (not quite as much in a full group) if both characters are well geared. Especially the warrior.

Also it will depend on where you hunt. Sometimes a full group will be able to hunt in a particular dungeon that has a huge ZEM (zone experience modifier) that the duo may not be able to hunt in - or may have to wait a few extra levels before they can hunt there.

On the other hand, the downside to grouping is that you need to actually find people to group (and wait for them to meet you, etc) and that they aren't going to get you killed. Usually what you can do if you want to group is start duoing, and then just "LFG" until you find people to group with. Or go back to duoing if the group breaks apart.