View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

"The thing that Clerics get that Druids & Shamans don't is complete heal"

Superior Heal too, actually; Druids and Shamans don't get Superior heal until 50+.

---------------------------------------------------

"Cleric please, we need more than 1-2 for a server of 400-500 that are non-/anon tagged that actually can give you the time of the day for a rez for 250pp"

My wife read that and laughed to herself. There might be a larger number of 'non anon' Clerics on the server if a massive proportion of the server wasn't constantly begging the Clerics not only for rezzes, but to do all the footwork and even look for their bodies because apparently people are lazy and have over-inflated senses of entitlement.

In short, this is EQ and you shouldn't *expect* a rez, certainly not until you're 40+. If you get one, great! If not, suck up the exp loss and keep on truckin'.

-----------------------------------------------

As for the choice between Cleric and Shaman: I see sufficient numbers of both classes online (Clerics aren't nearly so rare here as they were on Live). Shamans are arguably superior if you intend to primarily solo or duo. Both classes shine in a group setting. Clerics in particular often form the backbone of their groups. Clerics posses much more raw healing power, and get their heals sooner, while Shamans offer greater combat utility. They play differently enough that my advice is to pick the one you like better.

Danth