View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought about trying Blue, but Green is where all of my wealth is, and it's hard to let go of a tink bag, box of abu-kar among many other things.

It doesn't help either that my favorite class (wizard) isn't considered very good and is ostracized to hell and back on this server.
I mean for a top raiding guild a Wizard is going to be valuable. The leveling path kind of sucks because you're right it's harder to find groups but you do have value for a top guild (certainly more than some of the other classes).

Wealth is pretty easy to come by in classic EQ with a bit of time. If you're willing to be a little evil in terms of the NPCs you kill you can make good plat just XPing. I mean damn the other day I made a couple thousand platinum in a level just killing some random dwarf guards in BB. Decent gear on Blue is relatively cheap, the guilds are a bit more relaxed in terms of requirements than they are on Green (or than they used to be on Green), and if you're set on playing a caster class you don't really need much gear anyway.