View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought about trying Blue, but Green is where all of my wealth is, and it's hard to let go of a tink bag, box of abu-kar among many other things.

It doesn't help either that my favorite class (wizard) isn't considered very good and is ostracized to hell and back on this server.
Wizards are in demand for raiding just FYI. Train-outs, TL's, and DPS are all important and welcomed for raiding. I don't think they are really ostracized except by a fraction of people that think all wizards are lazy in groups because they just med, nuke, and afk while refusing to provide any other utility for the group. If you fall into that category of wizard, then I can understand thinking they are ostracized. My friend just got his to 51 in short order through a mix of grouping, duo's, and quading and is having a blast.

I don't know the guild dynamic on Green or how Kingdom does their recruiting, but I'm also not surprised that a level 20 character with no reputation or higher characters wasn't greated very enthusiastically by a top raid guild. The road to 60, especially on a first toon, is usually long and arduous and more people never make it 60 here than do. I'm in the camp that the best thing you can do for any toon to increase your utility and usefulness is to get 60 and then really start worrying about raiding and gear (more hp at 60, mana, more spells, more likely to resist AE's, etc..). A better path to go would be to get into a leveling/social guild and make some friends and memories on the ride to 56+, and then worry about a raid guild. With this path you'll most likely meet some people that will help you choose which raiding guild you want to join. There's groups of people/friends from guilds like TSS and Kittens or Ex Astra that apply 'together' to raid guilds all of the time.

Just my 2 cp.

And as far as casual raiding? I was able to go to my son's baseball game, come home, and hit 4 raid targets in the 2-3 hours before dinner. That's pretty casual to me. Sometimes my monthly raid attendence is 25%, and sometimes it's 1% and no one has ever said a word to me. Life happens and even the top raid guilds now are just happy that you show up when you can and play your classes well.
Last edited by -TK-; 09-12-2022 at 06:06 PM..