View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 06:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honest question, but what does a wizard do besides nuke, root for CC, have an evac loaded, and occasionally stun cleric mobs? Honest question, because that's what I always thought to do in a group (if I were ever invited to one).
You're on the right track with that for groups, imo. Help CC, nuke, stun, and evac are all great. Wars in groups love it when you root mobs 99% of the time because they can use the proximity mechanic to keep aggro. If you get in a group just let them know you're available to help CC and will watch for when stuns are needed. You could also find a fun duo or trio to level with. It's great exp and will keep you a little busier than a full group might. I will defer to the wizard pros around here for good solo/duo tips.

When you raid you can learn to do train outs which are critical to raid success nowadays, you can TL monks and debuffers during pulls and engages to help make plays happen, and every non-caster in the raid is looking for a TL after the kill to move on to the next target.

It does take a while to make those friendships on a new server, especially if your playtime is limited, but don't be afraid to use your friend's list and hit up people you might have leveled or grouped with when you can play to see what they are up to. Reputation matters a lot here more than live, and people will always tend to gravitate towards the friendly and helpful players they meet. Sometimes I just log on and check my friends list to see how people are doing or what they are into if I don't have long.