View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 12:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No I try to be that arrogant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It’s ridiculous that you try to defend shoplifting, which I’ve already detailed negatively impacts poor people. Your carrot on the stick thing is implying preventative measures

I already addressed this in a way YOU should be able to relate to. When things get bad and crime is getting out of control enough to make people move away and stores all close down, you need FAST solutions

You’re probably glad the doctors chose to use your insurance money on chemo for your wife and not cancer prevention research
It's ridiculous to me to see someone complaining about shoplifting while unwilling to do a single thing about the things that actually cause shoplifting. Yet another solution by a capitalist that involves putting handcuffs on poor, mostly non-white people. I'm sure it will work this time despite the fact that it's the only thing we ever try.

The doctors don't dictate where the money goes, at least at the hospital level. That's more a function of insurance companies, to my understanding. My wife did not consent to her DNA or biopsy samples being used for research purposes. We had a long discussion about it at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My son would get punched once a week working as an ER nurse. He moved to pediatric ICU stuff as soon as he could and ultimately went CRNA because the job jaded him BIGLY

But yeah, regular occurrence for people to do PCP, come in hallucinating and go buckwild on female nurses and then guys like my son have to come in. It’s weird though because we’re Iranian and our default move is the chokehold 100%. If you touch me I’m slugging you and then taking you to the ground and occluding your airway

That’s frowned upon these days so I’m trying to learn alternatives like growing a really intimidating al-qaeda beard and taking lessons in Muay Thai
This mostly happened between 2000 and 2010 or so, so I was much more likely to either just take the punch (if he was sloppy drunk and/or old) or full on fight a guy (this only happened twice). So many fuckin drunk dudes climbing over the desk. I had to go to court for that shitty hotel half a dozen times.

I was never intimidating, I look like a young Kevin Bacon. However, I'm also not the smallest dude in the world and those fights were never fair. Fighting fairly is for sports. We had a baseball bat behind the desk for this specific reason.