View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 07:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally I only really ever enforced name changes if someone had petitioned about it or it was something actually offensive. Otherwise if there was no record of a player complaining about the name I just left it alone; not worth the trouble.
Now that I think about it, especially given what p99 is like, the more I'm inclined to think the differences in enforcement was simply the changing demographics of players coming to EQ. The original people who started early in the game largely planned to either completely RP all the time or at least some of the time. As time went on more people who just wanted to play the game not RP started to fill up the servers.

Not only are RPers more inclined to make RP-oriented names, they are also more likely to call attention to non-RP names, especially stupid ones like "Ilike hairynuts".

I remember this one monk on RZ was named shinshong dendong. i always wondered if people just didn't "get it" .

For those that don't get it it's subtle refrrence to the mocking phrase "ching chong, ding dong."