View Single Post
Old 01-10-2021, 08:07 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodyLich666 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hail! I am looking for some recommendations for a good fantasy book series. I was on a science fiction binge for a while, and am about done with the Dune trilogy. I am now in the mood for some high adventure and sorcery! I have read the Lord of the Rings and the Children of Huron too recently for a revisit, and I am looking for something of that ilk that I haven’t checked out. Anybody have any suggestions?
R.A. Salvatore is a highly respected fantasy author, if you start with a book called Homeland it should hook you, if that book doesn't win you over nothing else in his series will. I believe his depiction of dark elves expanded the lore for them in DND significantly at the time(80s/early 90s).

Majority of the series(40+ books now i think?) is good, some feel a bit fillerish, but majority of them have great fight scenes, character development, and pacing. I'm extremely biased as this book was my introduction into reading fantasy at age 10, and neverstopped, i've slowed down many years, but keep buying his latest works.
Additionally, he has alternate fantasy series that are top notch completely unrelated to this dark elf saga.

Dragonlance Had some fantastic series: The dragons of autumn twilight, winters solstice, spring dawning, etc... But their BEST series, by far, is the one that focus on "twin" brothers:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Homeland_(D&D_novel).jpg (46.3 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 71CGkogoSYL.jpg (84.7 KB, 1 views)
Last edited by Knuckle; 01-10-2021 at 08:13 PM..