View Single Post
Old 01-29-2021, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

I agree, 99% of the people you meet on p99 are great people. Maybe playing classic everquest as a developing child is the answer to world peace? All joking aside it was super cool reading about the gifts everyone was able to come together and help provide. Recently a guy that works for me had his house burn down. No injuries but he has 4 kids. So a few of us got together and we donated a ton of our own kid's old toys we still had. I was able to give him a 30+ Disney dvd set we had and bought a DVD player to go with it for them to have something to watch in the hotel. Other guys came together with clothes and other toys. We also were able to pool together several thousand dollars to help them out as well. It is truly gratifying to be able to be in a position to help a good man out.

Tumtuk sounds like he was one of those good men. I do wish that in the future if such situation arises, that we could have a better method of donating. Even with the 99% being good people you meet on p99 that leaves a shit 1% still there. That 1% of bad people in the world tend to show their ugly faces often. I cant donate to someone I dont knows personal financial accounts. Just not happening even for $5. So with that said my only advice 8s that in the future set it up differently. I would have easily had $100 on that cause because I did believe what had happened and I did feel that drive to want to help but in today's world the worry of that 1% is to strong.