View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 03:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very cool getting Djarn at 58. Probably makes that area much more appealing for leveling.

I'm glad you bumped the thread, I have some updates too.

I managed an Ayillish solo. I used 3 clicks of a wort so I'd like to redo it without that sometime, but it already took 93 minutes of generally good luck to kill so I might not get back to it. The strat is to keep it blinded with a bio orb in the dn scar and use ranged dots, but it's still a spicy fight because its resists are so high, and the fight is so long you're bound to hit some very bad rolls.

The same bio orb strategy works on A4 mobs. I did Grink/Gronk but Brenn and Grenn weren't open so I'll have to return some time. Speaking of PoM the main room chest isn't bad to melee in place if you have the gear for it.

I did the other interesting outpost mobs for fun too, using a similar charm strat to Cliff Golem kills. Captain Rottgrime / General D'Veers / Admiral Tylix.

For Rottgrime, if D'Veers is not in the bank and no other guards are nearby you can pull him and a pet clean. Lull the first three marines, pulse selos, mez the fifth marine, and book it to leash the mezzed marine. Don't pulse selos again or otherwise buff yourself until the captain and pet are past the gargoyles.

For V'Deers and Tylix bury a sow as deep as you can. Against a cliff golem you can often avoid taking hits from your pet by either burning the cg summon with pet back off, or by running through the cg and away from your pet when you get summoned. It's harder to do that with these guys because their casting and slightly faster runspeed make it take longer to burn the summon, and they have a smaller hitbox. And their dots can actually do some significant damage to you. I haven't setup a pet tick timer for timing recharms like Melatunin showed; it would probably help a lot against these guys.

I'll add another update on this with some improved gear: my best tanked/no-mez/self-buffed/no-strong-clicks I've done was Hierophant Prime Grekal -- I think I was lucky to win that without mez with my current gear, but level 52 mobs are pretty easy to melee without a mez break for me now.

Edit: Have any of you broken a full fire giant spawn tranix room on the bard? I made some attempts to split but got Tranix + both static guards.
That's a hell of a list of accomplishments! Bard is such a unique class in EQ. I always tell everyone Bard feels hands down the most powerful class in eq right up until you die lol.