View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
biggest issue with this setup will be tracking the time of death. I think the variable spawn makes it hard to have a roll on window opening. One person fails to update the time of death, and then no one but that person knows the actual window for the next one. How will you deal with people showing up after the roll has taken place claiming to be on time for the window opening?
This is an important piece of the puzzle and your concerns are valid. Initially, I believed updating the wiki to be the proper course of action, just like the Ring 8 roll. After discussing with several friends and guildies, I came to the conclusion that there is no accountability or log of this event. Placing trust in "the system" would almost certainly lead to corruption or just plain human fallacy by forgetting to update the wiki.

The only viable solution that provides both a log and accountability would be utilizing the Discord p99 Blue-General channel. First, anyone can update the winning roll player characters' name and there will be a timestamp, thus providing a clear and measurable "window" of the mob. Since the winning player's name would be logged, there would be a record to hold accountable that player if they chose not to update the ToD. Punishment for not updating the ToD by a player would be left up to the discretion of the CSR/GM's. This scenario self polices everyone involved. There will most certainly be other players spot checking or even camping the entire window in the hopes of sniping after the 1 hour spawn / fail to engage timer has started.

Keep in mind the goal of this proposal is two-fold:

1) Eliminate the combined hundreds of wasted hours by moving the winner of the roll to the beginning of the window instead of a sockfest.

2) Eliminate / Mitigate the ability of those that seek to corrupt this particular portion of the quest in an attempt to profit for profits' sake.

This proposal does not have anything to do with the Ring once you obtain it and you are free to do whatever you like with your Ring.