Thread: Raid windows
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 02:39 PM
Aviak

I care, but I don't know which of the options I prefer. I used to favor shorter windows but I'm not so sure any more.

Yeah, 16-hour windows are ridiculous, but seems to me cutting the window primarily benefits the people who are already getting those targets. If you don't want to track for 16 hours, don't. The people do have already demonstrated that they value the pixels more than the tracking time they put in. They're still going to be there at whatever odd hour a window happens to fall. So I don't see how narrowing the window significantly changes the distribution of loot or raid opportunities on the server.

If the raid target spawn system changes, I think it should be to expand everyone's opportunity to get those targets, not just to make the hard core folks' lives easier. That might be something like option 3, which Sirken has advocated (at least, I think this has been his position): a multi-day variance to break poop-socking entirely...except I'm also not sure that would do it. But at least if that did happen, it would be a dice throw re: who finds the target up and who can mobilize fastest.

But I think we might need something beyond just adjustments to variance to really equalize opportunity in the way I'd like. I'm sure I'm in the minority and I know it'll never happen, but I'm starting to think GM-managed rotations, a questable trigger, or even some kind of instancing system (which I used to be completely opposed to) might be preferable.
Last edited by HeyNomad; 07-25-2016 at 02:45 PM..