View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 10:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I collect GLS on my main from various sellers before I start my alts. I agree if you're just starting out this is not optimal because these take a little while to accumulate. But if you're planning ahead and in no hurry they're a great boost, especially since you buy them for 15 and get 9 back so they're only like 6p in the end.

I usually level them to 12 using GLS and then up to 20-21 using gobbo ears and then I set them free. I would go higher with GLS because it's much much cheaper but the gobbo ears are a much easier turn in click-wise and stuff and I have the plat.
/nod That makes sense if you're the type to plan an alt in advance, hang out in zones where the stones drop, and pick them up in small batches. Personally I never have that patience: when I want to start an alt I spend a day or two in the tunnel and then I'm off [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

BTW, on that note I would strongly encourage you to try the Brazier of Elemental Summoning on your next alt. On Blue it's fairly cheap (probably around the same cost as an equivalent number of stones?)

It likely won't get you to 12, only 10 or 11, but with a single item (maybe two if you want to break up your "self-PLing" sessions) you can get all those levels by actually playing (and feeling like a god as you murder level 1 mobs with much higher pet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]), instead of turning in endless stones over and over.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.