View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completed all zones and character models for classic. I'll be releasing it in a new thread tomorrow morning after I upload the files. We went form a 5 gig install to a 1.4 gig. These were given a lot more time to each model. Faces/Bears/Wolves have been fixed, but pumas are still being odd. Models of monsters etc look really good too, I'm really happy with the way everything turned out. Huge improvement on transparent textures as well. I'll be posting this in the new thread, but PLEASE turn the spell opacity down to at least 75% if not lower. This really allows the new spell effects to blend in more and look really crisp.
Hey Tkon, props to you for your style and contributions; and the guys over at EQClassic HD for their work. Can you give me any direction at all if I wanted to do something like this on my own as a fun side hobby?

I know absolutely nothing, my tech knowledge is limited to a intro to C++ course and java back in 2006. I played around with Skyrim dungeon map editor briefly. I assume the tools knowledge around texture changing is completely different, but am extremely interested in tinkering!