View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schultes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bottom line is Necros and Mages always had sick pets! Soloing things all day that whole groups are fighting(Even after the freaking patch). Do you want proof to my claim? Simply check out The Oasis.
But come on why do this to Enchanters? I cant even freaking solo Blue camian without lossing my lvl 16 chanter pet with Quickness and buffed up. I dump all my mana in one croc then wait 20mins to med back up while i watch Necros kite all day and Mages solo Red crocs with the greatest of ease. Most of which are a much lower lvl then me!!!

It seems the main focus for the patch caught Enchanters in the cross fire. All i ask is please look into it.
There is not much data on the enchanter pets. Like in how well they tank, dps they do, etc. The only comparison I would do is compared old world zones on live and see if I can get it close.

All pets probably need adjusted and I will need a few hours of parses to get it done. Its on my list of things to do.

I have no intention of moving backward. I do have plans to move forward. I would like to play my necro some more (since 2 boxing is not allowed on server *grumble). But I am not going to make changes only in my interest. I just need more data on what kind of dps pets are doing at various levels, and how much dps damage they are taking.

There is lots of talk about people who think they are contributing. Non-stop bitching just will cause me to /rude and make you wait longer. Squeaky wheels dont always get the grease in my book.

And for the people who think I should fix everything, before I make a single change. Well, you need to go work on your own server for awhile. Then you might figure out that making multiple changes affecting the same thing ends up going bad most of the time. Doing changes in stages, taking small steps, lets you see better what is working, and what isn't. Not all changes are simple. And many changes have unexpected side effects.

I am not just making little changes to the code. Some changes are big. Some are total rewrites in the code. Some changes are features that have never worked on EMU servers. Truthfully, I spend way more time researching, than I actually do coding. Some complicated things only need 1 line of code to fix. The real trick, is figuring out where that one line of code goes.

Haynar