View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

I parse most groups I’m in and have for a long time now. At the higher end of content, ranging from 57-60 and including very nice samplings across the board (high end tradables, epics, low raid and NToV/BiS ... I can say one thing:

Many high end players playing high dps classes overrate their own damage output. Average high end rogues may burst or disc/luck out some insane numbers but in general I expect a ballpark of 80-120 dps sustained depending on gear with standard group buffs. Monks? 70-90? Rangers? Less. Warriors? Not that far behind. People with raid BiS or lazy and crappliy geared blokes can always break this molds but it’s what I’ve come to expect.

Where I’m going with is I’ve also parsed well geared SKs and Pals and they, though measurably lower, aren’t as god awful as people think they are. A paladin with the 27/29 hate 1hs can put out a consistent 50-60dps. It’s less than warriors but not by as much as you might think under realistic fighting conditions. NToV weapons yield better results.

People like to strut raid burn parses fully buffed to the gills and burning discs, but 99% of new play doesn’t have avatar, CotP, trueshot, precision, etc_and_so_on in the equation.

Knight dps is anything but non-contributory unless your gear, buffs and weapons suck. Ratio does matter and dps is dps. Well geared knights can put out respectable numbers for an archetype that is expected to suck.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 10-23-2018 at 02:27 PM..