View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Another follow-up on this newsgroup post:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....M/Dg4YAzd3_ooJ

Screenshot attached of the area he's talking about where 'no mobs spawn'. I can confirm from memory nothing ever spawned here, no roamers, nothing. It was empty.

He also mentions the southern half of the zone being spread out and slow pops. This is true. I believe it was only 2-4 a_kobold_sentry that roamed around, along with maybe 4 of a_skeleton (this npc name is shared with the two skeleton miners in the Paineel tunnel), and the ~13 a_briar_snakes. The zone only had two pixies in the above capture, I don't remember seeing these very often at all. One will-o-wisp in the capture. And that was *it* for the entire southern section of the zone. Oh and they were all on something like 15-20min timers. Beautiful eh? Toxx was absolute dogshit.

Lastly, from a careful reading of the above posts, the northern newbie area had slow respawn timers on the wandering newbie mobs also. There were a lot more of them, but the respawns were slow. A good newbie population would clear out the northern part of the zone fairly quickly:

Quote:
since there were no more than a dozen people on that zone at this time, there were simply
very few monsters spawned?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg toxxulia - nothing spawns here.jpg (77.7 KB, 28 views)
Last edited by Dolalin; 09-16-2020 at 10:29 AM..