Thread: Staff Changes
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You left the thread open for comments, so I'm assuming you're wanting them.

99% of your post seems very reasonable and level, but I think there's one huge logical error: The fact that there's no log showing "spell ID 1337 (favoritism)" when chaining out the recent Core raid suspensions doesn't make bias in that case (for example) a matter of opinion.

While we're lucky on one hand that Sirken does want to stick around and continue to spend time helping run the project, the fact that he even wants to after a public demotion should just be further proof that there's some pixel-related sickness going on here. And don't bring this up because I think it makes him a bad guy; it's normal. I bring it up because I think it further proves my point of bias and favoritism. It should be easy to walk away from something you're impartial about and have always made healthy decisions concerning, no?

All of this matters only if you want to really "fix" the raid scene. You need to see that favoritism exists and is inherent in the evolution of the convoluted raid rules over the last seven years. Once you can accept that you can focus putting the onus back on the small minority of players who fuck it up for everyone else and let CSRs get back to providing the CS portion of the acronym.

This is a great post, I have no idea how to fix the raid scene personally - but everyone has bias, even sitting judges.

There is one thing that is obvious though, I think it should be the players responsibility to work out the raiding situation - like Kayso said - let the CSR's get back to the CS.

Edit: From reading the rules and the early posts it seems that the idea was to have GM's as a last resort intervention for raid disputes - I think we have lost touch with that on blue 99.