View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 11:16 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default This game, this community... holy crap.

So, I play here super casually. I played with the hope of raiding on here someday, but having been browsing the forums for the past few months I can honestly say no-fkn-way.

The argument in the guild summit meeting thread about move speed getting to Tormax was enough to turn me off to this game forever. Is the high end community really THAT nitpicky over every single rule and how every single statement written by the staff is worded? I don't want to hang out with people who are going to try to twist everyone else's words so that they favor one individual.

Then I read about how every guild needed a bat phone to be competitive. So I'm on the same page: You want to text me at 3am on a work night to wake me up to log onto a game to push some buttons to kill an e-monster to have a 1/60 chance of getting some loot? That doesn't fit into my life and I'm surprised it fits into so many other people's lives.

For a casual like me I guess there's no hope of playing. What are you guys even competing so hard for? Those same monsters are going to spawn -forever- and future progression is pretty uncertain. You're literally just rushing to min maxing a character so you can look at some slightly bigger numbers in your stats screen and you're killing the enjoyment of the game for a ton of people.

I don't play here really so I guess my word is pretty much crap to all of you and I expect a pretty unfriendly response, but from the outside looking in - how the hell do people play this game?