View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 09:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i often wonder if the game would be better or worse if it were actually quest focused in leveling progression and gearing vs what we know as camping and grinding.

camping and grinding are not really fun...but we do it anyway and for much longer than most games due to eq's longer progression to max lvl. with nothing to spice up the experience besides switching zones, i'm actually surprised most of us do it.

questing in EQ is pretty ok fun if you dont mind reading. ive had a few memorable quests in the game. the problem with them is theyre not viable for exping.

now i'd usually side with the idea that the questing would be better but i hated wows questing. so idk? either way the name is a bit deceptive for how very little questing you'll likely be doing.
I think long quests should give ample exp and loot. It is like the devs were either too lazy or under tight deadlines to design questions, rewards, dialogue etc. It was easier to code in a rare spawn with a rare item and call it a day. The game really should be called Evercamp.