View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 11:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorentik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages may have the advantage for burst DPS, but if that were the requirement a rogue or Wizard would be better.
Lol no wizards would not be better. Mage sustained dps with trash gear (pet + nukes + DS) is comparable to a well geared rogue. Disco 1-2 camp over the weekend on my mage a max summon 57 earth pet alone was hovering 70-80dps consistently mob after mob. Mage burst is good and pretty efficient. For all those non-burst occasions you have a pet which puts out as much damage as a well geared monk. I’m looking forward to playing around with 59 air and 60 water pet.

Necro brings a whole hell of a lot of ‘other’ to the table and has a higher quality of life.
For raw damage output, however, my 59 necro can’t compete with my 58 mage unless charming. Then again my mage can’t rez, independently root, chain heal 125/tick, or do any other number of things.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why groups on p99 undervalue mage class potential to the degree they do. For raids I can understand as not having any lure style nukes and pets which may or may not survive the fight (plus pet push issues) definitely highlight flaws of the class ... but for xp content at all levels mages are powerhouses.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2