View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a handful of people vs billions

insignificant in my opinion
I don't disagree with you per se.

The problem is that these actions provoke reaction from people not as coolheaded as you are. Media understands the destabilizing effect possible by this form of attack. That is why you are seeing a severely under-detailed reporting in all major outlets. Presumably I brought a more detailed scoop in my previous post than anyone who doesn't check chans for news knows.

Whether or not the number of people dead is significant on the larger scale, democracies prone to panic and reactionary by their very nature are shaken to their foundation by these things. Whether or not it is or ought to be criminal, making jokes that fuel these handful of people's propaganda machine is a gross failure in the civic sense.

The one thing I am sure about is that it is reprehensible to participate in jokes which fuel a murderous cult. Whether or not it is criminal or must be suppressed by force, it is beyond the realm of good taste or humor. A joke is not funny if it is 1/100,000,000,000,000,000 of a murder.
Last edited by America; 03-15-2019 at 01:38 PM..