View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

No good answer for you, i ended up abandoning my chanter on green to try something new, but in the 20ish levels i hit it was a big source of frustration.

Using body to position and f8 was one thing that seemed to help (ie like strafing around a stack of mobs). Mouse targeting worked like crap, literally felt like 50 percent of the time i could be clicking on some mob on its own with nothing close and it still wouldnt target. I did find being in actual first person mode (and not rolled back over the shoulder) greatly improved mouse targeting.

My guess is the real solution will be liberal use of AE mez and strategies built around that. Like having groupmates pull things out, rooting whatever you can target, and then either continuing to ae mez ir just seeing what comes out in 24 seconds which can then be targeted? Its a level 16 spell, it never gets replaced, so costs basically nothing as your level goes up.

One other thing would be some trickery with assist keys. Your pet, the tank, people getting beat on, all could provide a way to target stuff.

Honestly had i stuck with it i was going to come and ask this very question to see what other people were doing. But these are some of the things i was thinking about, hope it is at least of some assistance. Not gonna lie loss of tab targeting sure does suck for chanters!
<Azure Guard>

Green
-Curare, Necromancer