View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would P99 be so successful though if it charged a monthly fee? Once people are paying for something they get a lot more demanding.
I'm an old school gamer and the service that is most important to me when it comes to paying a monthly subscription is anti cheat and rules enforcement. When I sit down to play a session of a game I'm paying for, I have expectations from the game I am playing that I will enjoy what it offers and that the consequences for people breaking the printed rules and ruining my enjoyment are real.

Older games like Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, City of Heroes and even World of Warcraft through most of pre burning crusade absolutely dropped the hammer down on asshats breaking the rules and harassing people if they were given evidence. People employing cheats or attempting to, and this included scams, frauds, or swindles, also lost their crap on the first confirmed report. Full stop - not a temp ban.

Considering the player base we have on P1999, a LOT of leniency is being offered to repeat offenders that absolutely know what they are doing, especially with the raid scene, and especially with key targets for highly prized loot drops (fountain campers, anyone?) as well as zone abuse with power leveling sessions.

The short of it is, the P1999 staff isn't prepared to offer what commercial servers once did for this game format. Even if a monthly sub was involved.