View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What makes you think a ranger would be any better than a bard at being a solo artist and killing named mobs in dungeons?
I mean...besides root? Not getting hit is an ideal way of not getting killed. Although we really should quality what "killing names" means since many 51+ mobs summon and imho neither are terrific at this.

Back to the OP, you have the hps of a rogue and worse defense caps. You do less damage than a monk. You're HP recovery or avoidance is horrid compared to a knight.
You have no "escape" method besides snaring and running or rooting and camping out. Why would you pick this as a solo artist? It's an underdog class through and through.

Again, you can solo to 60 (with any melee really). If you dont have the patience for summoning arrows I'd pick a different class, probably not even a melee. They are ALL a dredge to hit 60 on. Finding a group with a ranger will be more tough than most melees; a monk or rogue can get to the camp far easier and usually will be preferred if all things considered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman is probably best call I’ve seen in thread.
Agreed though they are pretty expensive to gear up. A great basis for a dungeon duo even if a scrappy one.
Last edited by Snaggles; 01-26-2021 at 12:55 PM..