View Single Post
Old 05-26-2017, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Too bad this is quite literally the only situation where FSI actually comes into play. Any other times, the extra regen is without a doubt superior to FSI.
Those are pretty important situations, though. You can't just gloss over them. It's literally going to save your life when it happens. It's sort of like an insurance policy that pays out big infrequently, where regen is a constant small drip of money in your pocket. Which is better? It depends on your playstyle (solo/duo a lot vs. full groups, pull a lot, like to push the limits and get into dangerous situations, etc...) and what you value most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If survivability is really what matters the most, then Iksar AC/regen together definitely beats FSI which has the tiniest window of usefulness of all the racial abilities available for an SK.
This very well may be true. I said as much. But as I also pointed out, regen and AC can be acquired through spells and gear. FSI cannot. Does that mean FSI is unquestionably better? No. But it's an advantage that no other race will ever enjoy.

Quote:
Lol @ intentionally skewing the benefit of the regen by adding other sources of regen. Please repost without including outside buffs.
I did that because those will be the practical regen values most people will actually be playing with at 60 when duoing, pulling or tanking for a group. Saying Troll/Iksar regen 80 more hp per minute is one thing (80 vs. 0 sounds stark), contrasting the actual likely regen numbers (420 vs 340) puts it into better perspective.