View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deven1313 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the link. From what I've read about it though, I will probably just stick to setting the video mode in-game as a workaround. I am just surprised there's not been a fix for this issue in the 3 years since the thread was created. :/ It's a serious problem if you play in full-screen mode. If the screen goes to desktop at the wrong time, you can die easily (happened to me a few times).
I think a lot of people have just accepted that the client is temperamental at best in fullscreen mode. It's a pretty old piece of software at this point. If you are completely opposed to using WinEQ I'd try my above suggestion about making a custom window resolution that will cover your entire desktop to give you a close to full screen experience without the inevitable crashes that come from tabbing out of full screen mode or other resolution related issues. It'll work on the stock client. I think 'windowed mode' conjures up the picture of a little 1280x800 box in the middle of your monitor for some people, definitely doesn't have to be that way.
Last edited by Champion_Standing; 04-01-2019 at 04:19 PM..