View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is so cynical and goes against everything I play MMOs for...it is also probably true for most guilds and most players.

I haven't joined another guild on p99 since Divinity left...and I'll tell you that most of the folks in that guild were not playing in it out of a drive for DKP.
Really? You (and the other members of Divinity) would be perfectly happy joining a guild where you/they just help others and never get any loot for yourself? I call BS.

Again, as I said, people in guilds absolutely do help each other out of the goodness of their hearts. I'm not saying everyone in every guild does everything out of a "drive for DPS".

But for the vast vast majority of players, if you're in a guild where everyone else gets loot and you never do, you leave. The only exception is if you're so tired of the game and jaded that loot doesn't even matter to you anymore, and in my experience at that point you'll typically leave the guild/game soon anyways. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

DKP is just how you ensure everyone gets loot from time to time, in a fair way. Or at least one way; arguably loot councils or other methods could do the same (in practice I think DKP is almost always more fair).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-06-2019 at 12:19 PM..