View Single Post
Old 07-13-2019, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for sharing this. I don’t necessarily agree with it as a general approach (might work great in certain instances though). I’m also exceptionally lazy and don’t hot-swap gear mid fight.

For me it’s a combo of straight tanking with select spells cast, tank/root/helm-heal, or root-joust-healing(as needed). In order of quickest to slowest kill speed. I don’t bother with stuns except for casters or if tanking when I usually have all three loaded.

In the end though we all have to find our own gear/path. With solo there are more options since you have to play all roles by yourself. Sure, there are more efficient methods and more efficient things to kill for exp but the main resource a paladin has to expend is patience. When you can outlast almost anything the real question is: Do you really want to?

Note: If anyone wants to try their joust skills an Earthshaker is a handy tool for green farming and offers potentially the biggest attack round (45+ with proc) minus *maybe* a Tantor’s Tusk. The Narandi is much better though 55+ if you have the time to let the dot work it’s magic while you helm click away. Some love it’s look (I don’t) but every proc is 700hps you don’t have to work for...
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-13-2019 at 01:54 PM..