View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Crawdad, thank you for this (awesome) added detail! I do have a question as I sometimes play with the game muted / no sound:

Would GINA still be useful for when I'm playing muted? Ie are there *on-screen queues* to go along with these hilarious sounding audio clips?

I'm still a scrub using the default UI and think that making a small change like GINA might help to up my game, at least on my non-melee toons.
Yep, you can set all kinds of overlays with text that can be paired with the audio. They will show up when alt-tab'd too, so you can have alerts for being attacked or receive a tell, know when a root or buff fades, or just set a timer and place it anywhere on your screen to keep track while EQ is minimized.

Examples: I have three timer overlays. One for DoTs (counts down DoTs and roots, clears when I kill the mob or it wears off), one for buffs (counts down, resets on refresh, gives me a minute warning for fading), and one for mob timers ("You have slain a goblin jailmaster!" starts a 22 minute timer). I also have a regular text overlay to tell me where I receive a tell, when/if I get melee'd, and for if I get interrupted while casting. They all have audio alerts too.
Last edited by Crawdad; 07-18-2019 at 03:19 PM..