View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enshadowed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looting an item off a rotting corpse that's been there a while isn't a huge deal on its own, at least to me. What I find particularly egregious about this case, is that it sounds like someone just walked up to a camp and started looting corpses. That's messed up, unless you've gotten permission from said group.

If it was a lone corpse out in the middle of nowhere with a minute or so remaining? I wouldn't fault anyone for looting. But that's not what happened, and seems a little weird that anyone would try to defend this.
Pretty much this. I've seen that situation in the past on blue. Group grinding away on HK gobs, doing alpha for loot turns for ears. Tank/puller is letting corpses build up on his turn so he can keep his rotation/timing on the pulls going then comes to loot a bunch to get his ear.

Some shitty rogue comes up and starts looting our gobs. We all start giving him a ton of shit in /say and his excuse was "they were rotting". No one would call that dude in the right, corpse timer or not. At the very least anyone would agree he should ASK FIRST.

OP story is an even more small-time version of mine but the point is there should be a standard of behavior we expect as a community or else we'd all suffer on the other end someday. Most of the rules revolve around those player communal expectations, and if there was zero effort by staff to enforce anything then P99 wouldn't have lasted this long.