View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 04:13 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipoki [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm using this on Project Quarm, figure I'd reply here even though it's the P99 board since it's the official thread for the UI. Everything's perfect EXCEPT...

Spell icons are wrong, at least on shaman. I.e. summon icon for minor healing, poison icon for inner fire. I was able to just replace spells_01.tga thru 07 with default UI ones and it fixes the spellbook, but if I do the same with gemicons01.tga-03 for spellgems in my gem bar and hotbars it gets all screwed up using anything but QQ's. I downloaded QQ from this thread and copied over those spell icons, and no dice. Wonder why this is happening when all the other UI's that shipped with Qarm have the right icons for everything...

This is my favorite of all the UI options so I really wanna figure this out, lol
You would need to change all the spells.tga files in a detailed way so that the new and old icons match up. The position in the tga files that each spell pulls from is set in the spells_en.txt file (for quarm - p99 uses spells_us.txt) and this file cannot be edited by the end user, the game will not launch if it is changed. p99 and quarm do not match up at all for this, which is the problem. So you need to move the actual icons positions in the tga files.

So it's doable but it would be a lot of work. I might do it.