View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the devs have their own (better) version of essentially that, and it's what Green will follow.

However, IIRC Nilbog has mentioned in the past that some short-lived weirdness (eg. being able to loot other people's corpses with /consent) will not be on Green. Again, IIRC, his logic was that it's just not worth the significant effort they'd have to make to enable that stuff, when it wasn't really a key part of the classic experience and was only around briefly. And this logic isn't just for early stuff: it's basically the same reason we won't see Project M here (or at least, not anytime soon).

As for any other "short-lived weirdness" (eg. being able to walk into Fear at level 1, Kedge without items, etc.), I imagine the devs will make a call on each one, and we won't know what call they make until Green is released. In general I'd bet that the more of a hassle it is to implement, and the shorter the time it was around, the less likely we are to see it on Green (and the more likely Green is to start with the "fixed" version of that thing).
I'd agree with that, I think it would be cool to keep the loot tables for a set period of time before tuning it. But yes the level 1 in PoFear looting could create a difficult situation.