View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 01:39 PM
Banned

I would never argue that Shaman is better at solo'ing than Necros, but I leveled a Shaman to 50 on Green before Kunark came out and one of the necromancer friends I had who closely observed me re-rolled Shaman because he realized I can solo a lot of the same stuff he can, but I can also join a group and heal... it's like you get the best of both worlds...

now this was pre-fungi tunic, pre-torpor etc, so shamans weren't as powerful

i noticed some major differences from a shaman's perspective though
my necromancer friend at level 50 could go into Sol B or Guk and solo just about anything

my Shaman could not do this... at 50 you dont have enough mana to cast your level 49 DoTs a bunch of times, and your pet doesnt stand up to mobs... no lull, no FD etc. made it harder to deal with camps that had a lot of mobs.

but for leveling, and for farming guards for plat and stuff like that, Shaman was good enough to be optimal, and I still got a ton of invites for groups considering Shamans have slows, heals, buffs etc.
having that option to start or join a group at any time is really nice, because playing a game like EQ alone 24/7 gets super tiresome... Necro just feels weird to me too... like they feel so non gear dependent that getting upgrades doesn't feel as meaningful or rewarding as it does on other classes, lol
Last edited by RecondoJoe; 04-11-2021 at 01:46 PM..