View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 03:21 AM
Sarnak

Default A Dain Proposal (Coldain Ring 9)

I have encountered an extremely annoying problem in the last month, and from talking with lots of other people, I know I am not the only one who is very frustrated by this. The issue is the difficulty of completing the turn in to Dain Frostreaver for Coldain Ring 9. With the current raiding situation, he is pulled within 18 seconds of spawning, which means hardcore socking his spawn for up to 16 hours, or risk missing your chance to hand in. If you are AFK or not looking for even 30 seconds, you can easily miss the opportunity to turn in your quest pieces, and then you have to wait another week just for the chance to sit there for hours on end all over again.

I've seen a lot of the same people showing up week after week (obviously myself as well) and waiting for hours on end with no luck completing their hand in. I even heard about one guy this last week who lost his ring 8 as Dain was pulled while he was mid hand in. My proposal is based on a few premises that I hope we can all agree with:

1) Only the guilds Riot and Aftermath currently compete for Dain (on non earthquake spawns)

2) With the nature of the pull, there is a roughly 50/50 chance of each guild getting the kill. The information I received is that out of the last 10 Dain spawns, each guild has 5 kills.

3) Poopsocking Dain sucks for everyone. For people waiting to hand in for Ring 9, for people waiting to get a new declaration of war, and for people waiting to get a protection of the dain.

4) It also sucks for the guilds involved in contesting him, and is a tremendous waste of time and resources. Between tracking him, having people waiting to run, having people sitting at the entrance ready to fight him, and having people constantly running outside thurg to refresh their SoW, it adds up to a lot of hours that I am sure people would rather spend doing something else.

So, given those premises, I suggest the following solution that I think works for everyone:

Aftermath and Riot agree to rotate Dain, and allow a 15 minute grace period from the time he spawns so that everyone can do their quest turn ins. There can also be a 30 minute limit put in place to engage him from the time he spawns, after which he becomes free for all (so a guild doesn't just leave him up indefinitely). This would only apply to Non-Earthquake Dain spawns.

To implement this solution, three things would need to happen. First, there would need to be a consensus among us P99ers that this is a positive change that a majority of us would like to see happen. I am including a poll to see if other people like this idea, and people can also leave their feedback in this thread. Second, Riot and Aftermath would have to agree to the rotation. If the server overall supports this idea, I hope that Riot would step up to the plate and be the first guild to join in. Riot has been very server friendly and pro-partaking in things that take into account helping all the people who play here. If Riot agrees, then I hope that AM would follow suit after (or maybe even be the first to agree to something that is helpful to us casuals for a change!) Third, the other guilds would have to agree to not be part of the rotation. Lastly, I would hope that all the guilds who have not been contesting Dain for months would agree to this, since it would benefit all of their members trying to get their ring 9 with no downside for them.

Thanks for taking the time to read and consider this idea. Any and all feedback / alternate ideas here are great, and if I am alone or in the minority of people wanting to be able to hand in for ring 9 stress free then post that as well!

TLDR; Riot and Aftermath should agree to rotate Dain so that all of us can hand in our ring 9 quests without crazy poopsocking, and also so they don't have to spend a ton of their own time and resources poopsocking Dain themselves.