View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

If you’re talking about just powering through a mob a monk is probably the best class. The perk of a hybrid (even a ranger) isn’t efficiency but capacity. Besides mend or clickies a monk just relies on doing more damage than the npc than it does to them. If they can’t...they have to feign or again burn expendibles. A pally can root and heal; a sk can tap with their pet helping or snare/fear, a ranger can do a bit of the pally game and also bow or dot stuff. A bard, well they have a huge list of tricks.

If you are a casual ranger/monk with around 2200 hps or a pally/sk around 3k a npc hitting for 80’s is one thing (lvl 40’ish old world mobs) but 150’s is a different game. Especially if that npc is a wizard, healer, or some random warrior who got buffs from another shaman NPC. You are going to grind off easier targets but being able to kill what you set your mind to is cool. I’ve killed a 12k hp lvl 49 SK spider with my ranger...10-15 mins and about 500 arrows but I did it.

The devs believed hybrids should be weaker than the pure counterparts. Hybrids have flexibility though that in situations can make up for their melee or casting downfalls. Rangers have their flaws but between track, snare, root, harmony, and spirit of the wolf they make a pretty fun class. They have other buffs and skills as well but those are some great hat tricks.