View Single Post
Old 01-25-2021, 09:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And just wanted to add to some earlier posts...
my main goal in this game is to be a solo artist. I just don't have the time to commit to regular raiding and those irregular hours that come with it. For me, the fun is in viewing this game almost like a single player game and making my way through a tough dungeon and fighting some bosses. If I'm going to be disappointed at 50 or 60 as a ranger trying to be a solo artist, then maybe it's not the right class for me.
Going back to your original post and this update, if you want to play a “hybrid” you should play a shaman. They really are a hybrid, just lean a little further on the caster strength vs melee. You have tons of options that a more melee focused character doesn’t have and you will really enjoy your quality of life. Shaman can easily melee there whole life, but you can also tailor your strategy to whatever the situation. Shammy are cheap to twink starting out (legit some banded, hp rings, and a decent weapon and your golden until 30).

Then there is tons of gear upgrades to keep it feeling new. You have pretty decent race options. Barbarian might work if you like humanoid looks, iksar is totally viable, and ogre/troll look hilarious and are very strong.

You will not regret starting a shaman and you will have unlimited upside, to the point where you can become a god at the high end with torpor and crazy strong gearing.